Home Base Iowa – Clinton County
Tony’s Success Story
“ADM has proven to be a great company to work for and I feel extremely fortunate to have been given this opportunity and I owe it to HBI!”
“I recently transitioned from active duty Army to the Army Reserves. I served 10 years previously in the Navy and 10 years in the active duty Army, with several years in the Army Reserves. I met a representative from Home Base Iowa at a career fair at Fort Knox. He explained the benefits of moving to Iowa and the welcoming and supportive environment I would experience if I moved there. Prior to meeting with the HBI representative, I hadn’t included Iowa in my job search. I was geographically flexible on where I’d be willing to relocate to, but I wasn’t very familiar with Iowa. I wanted to find a community for my family that would be welcoming and help us assimilate to civilian life. Following the career fair, I started including Iowa in job searches and within a few weeks, I received a response from ADM for a position at their Camanche, IA terminal. After traveling to Camanche for my interview with ADM, I could see firsthand how vibrant the local economy was and that everything we wanted in a new community could be found between Clinton and Davenport. Iowans are very friendly and rooted in traditional values and it proved to be a good fit for me and my family. I was even able to receive reimbursement for some of my interview expenses from the County of Clinton. ADM has proven to be a great company to work for and I feel extremely fortunate to have been given this opportunity and I owe it to HBI!” – Tony, Proud HBI Supporter
Veterans relocating to Clinton County on or after December 23rd, 2016, are eligible to receive the following benefits:
- One-time home purchase closing cost reimbursement of $1,500 for a home located in Clinton County
- Reimbursement of expenses up to $275 per visit to interview with a business in Clinton County
- A first-year waiver of the Clinton County Business License Fee for a veteran opening a business
A veteran applying for the home closing cost reimbursement must present proof of home purchase (i.e. Closing Disclosure or Purchase Agreement), and the home must have been purchased within one year of your date of arrival.
The City of Clinton, in support of the Home Base Iowa Program, voted to approve benefits issued to those veterans living within the city limits.
City of Clinton benefits include:
- Free garbage, recycling and yard waste fees for one year up to $211.80
- Sewer $250 Credit upon move in and signing up for Sewer bill
- Building Permit Fee Waiver up to $250 on building permit fees for new homes or remodels, including fences, pools and accessory structures.
- Parks and Recreation $100 credit upon move-in toward any Parks and Recreation program administered by the City of Clinton to be used by Veterans or their immediate family members. (Must register for programs in person).
- 1 free pet license
- In-home smoke detector inspection and Free smoke detector installation
- 20 General Admission tickets for any Lumberking Baseball home games
Veterans must apply for these benefits within one (1) year from their date of arrival and must be able to present a DD 214 or Certificate of Release/Discharge from Active Duty at the time of application. All veterans interested in applying for the incentives listed above shall take their appropriate paperwork to the Clinton County Auditor’s Office at 1900 N 3rd St.
For more information on Home Base Iowa – Clinton County, please email email@example.com or call 563.242.4536