LyondellBasell Recognized as One of the ‘World’s Most Admired Companies’ for Fourth Consecutive Year
CLINTON IA. – Feb. 2, 2021 – The results are in: LyondellBasell, the operator of the Clinton Plant has been named to Fortune Magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the fourth straight year. The list recognizes organizations like LyondellBasell which have a strong reputation across a variety of industry sectors.
“We’re proud to be named to Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired List,” said Yari Hernandez, site manager. “It’s an important distinction for our company that is made possible each year by our employees. We have some of the best and brightest employees who are committed to excellence and making a real difference at work and in their communities especially on a challenging year.”
LyondellBasell employees around the world overcame many challenges to advance many important company initiatives, including:
- produced and marketed two million metric tons of recycled and renewable-based polymers annually by 2030
- acquired already operating, world-scale assets through the formation of two 50:50 joint ventures in China and Louisiana with both accretive to earnings in the fourth quarter
- expanded circular polymers joint venture capacity in mechanical recycling by 20 kilotons in Belgium
- joined the United Nations (U.N.) Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative;
- received the American Chemistry Council’s (ACC) highest distinction, the Responsible Care® Company of the Year Award; and
- executed a clear and straightforward strategy to increase free cash flow, moderate our capital expenditures, and remain true to our strategy of capturing value and delivering resilient results at all points in the cycle.
According to Korn Ferry, who administers the survey for Fortune Magazine, the “World’s Most Admired Companies” study surveys top executives and directors from eligible companies, along with financial analysts, to evaluate companies in the categories of:
- People Management
- Use of Corporate Assets
- Social Responsibility
- Quality of Management
- Financial Soundness
- Long-Term Investment Value
- Quality of Products / Services
- Global Competitiveness
More information on Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list can be found here
About LyondellBasell’s Clinton Plant
With approximately 400 employees and contractors, and covering an area of almost 239 acres, the Clinton Complex is one of the largest chemical plants in Iowa. Using natural gas liquids as a feedstock, the plant manufactures ethylene, the world’s most widely-used petrochemical, which is then converted into polyethylene plastic resins. These resins are the building blocks for products such as leak-proof and shatter-proof containers for industrial and household chemicals, packaging that protects food from spoilage and contamination, and children’s toys that are safe and durable.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world’s largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the fourth consecutive year. More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.lyondellbasell.com.