Why choose the Greater Clinton Region?
- Strategic location — Easy access to Chicago and other Midwest Markets.
- Strong multi-modal transportation infrastructure — Combination of Highway (Highways 30 and 67 intersect at the center of our region), Rail (UP mainline, BNSF, and IC&E), and barge (Mississippi River).
- Strategic advantages to foster energy-intensive industry that processes agricultural products to alternative fuels or value-added oils.
- Infrastructure and resources that bring efficiencies into myriad value-added agriculture production capabilities.
- Over a dozen brand name/Fortune 500 companies; many continually investing in their Regional subsidiaries.Availability of skilled, experienced, productive and cost-effective workforce.Exceptional workforce development and training resources.
- Excellent telecommunications capabilities.
- Bi-State Region with new and expanding businesses.
- Access to higher education institutions such as Ashford University providing both undergraduate and advanced degrees and Eastern Iowa Community College District.
- Pro-business communities with leadership supportive of economic development.Pro-active public/private partnerships.
- Access to aggressive local, regional and state business assistance programs.
- Great quality of life centered on the Mississippi River
- Professional Economic Development Organization serving as the one-stop shop.