The Clinton region offers a wealth of land and river-based sports and recreational activities. The beautiful landscape surrounding the Mississippi River offers activities for people of all ages and interests including tennis, camping, ball fields, walking trails, volleyball, playground equipment and more.
Midwest League Baseball
Baseball fans enjoy watching our professional baseball team, the Clinton LumberKings, the Class A affiliate of the Miami Marlins. Their home park is Ashford University Field located along the riverfront in Clinton.
Below is a list of parks and other recreation sites.
Looking for places to golf? The Clinton region offers a wide variety of choices. Whether you’re ready to play a full eighteen, or are just looking to work on your short game, we have a selection that will keep you busy all season long.
- Canyon Creek – R.R. #2, Hwy. 136, Clinton (563) 243-3534
- Valley Oaks – 3330 Harts Mill Road, Clinton (563) 242-7221
- Fulton Country Club (Private) – 20727 Cattail Road, Fulton IL (815) 589-2440
- Lynwood Lynks at Buck’s Barn – 5020 IL Route 84, Thomson, IL (815) 259-8278
- Arrowhead Hunting Club – 3529 170th Street, Goose Lake, IA 52750, (563) 577-2267
- Beckridge Hunting Preserve – 944 613th Ave., Sabula, IA 52070, (563) 687-2985
Whether you are interested in pleasure boating or sport, we have a variety of ways to enjoy the natural resources the Region has to offer. Clinton’s new fishing pier is located between 5th and 6th Avenue North on Riverview Drive. Fish that are indigenous to the Mississippi River in the Clinton area are Bluegill, Sunfish, Crappie, Largemouth Bass, Channel Cat, Walleye, Sauger, Bullhead, Smallmouth Bass, Northern Pike, Flathead Catfish, and Yellow Bass.
In addition to launch areas in our state and county parks (with permit) and several public boat ramps, there are several full-service marinas in the local area.
- Camanche Marina – 115 4th Avenue, Camanche, IA (563) 259-1514
- Clinton Marina – 20 6th Avenue N., Clinton, IA (563)242-3600
- Fulton Marina – 1800 4th Street, Fulton, IL (815) 589-2222
- Rock Creek Marina & Campgroud – 3942 2941 Street, Camanche, IA (563)259-1876
The area offers several campgrounds, many featuring RV parking and facilities including electrical hook-up, picnic tables, water, dump station and fill water.
- Riverview Park – 9th Avenue North and Riverview Drive. Contact the Department of Parks & Recreation at (563) 243-1260.
- Rock Creek Marina & Campground – 3942 2941 Street, Camanche, IA (563)259-1876
- Fin & Feather – 6284 Riverview Rd., Thomson, IL (815) 273-3302
You’ll always have an opportunity in our region to get outside and enjoy the view! Eagle Point Park in Clinton, IA, has a beautiful vista that overlooks the widest portion of the Mississippi River. Visitors flock to this site daily to take in the view!
- Chancy Park – Camanche Avenue & 22nd Place, Clinton, IA
- Clinton Park – South 4th Street & 3rd Avenue South, Clinton, IA
- Drives Athletic Park – 13th Street & 15th Avenue, Fulton, IL
- Eagle Point Park & Park Lodge – North 3rd Street & Stockwell Lane, Clinton, IA
- Emma Young Park/Ericksen Center – 11th Ave. No. & No. 14th St., Clinton, IA
- Kiwanis Park – N 4th Street, Fulton, IL
- Lyons 4 Square Park – Main Avenue & Roosevelt Street, Clinton, IA
- Riverview Park – 6th Avenue South to 19th Avenue North at River, Clinton, IA
- 10th Avenue School Park – 10th Avenue & 9th Street, Fulton, IL