Now Hiring! Grow Clinton Seeks Director of Marketing & Event Planning
Director of Marketing & Event Planning Position Summary
The Greater Clinton Partners for Growth (Grow Clinton), a 501(c)(6) non-profit community and economic development organization, is looking for an energetic visionary with demonstrated skills to support the event planning and marketing needs of the organization and the municipalities/counties which we serve.
Under the direction of the President & CEO, the Director of Event Planning & Marketing is responsible for overseeing tasks throughout the event planning process and working with staff to ensure the completion of successful events. Additionally, the position oversees the organization’s promotion and advertising efforts to increase membership and build brand awareness.
Maintaining strong relationships with internal and external partners, the incumbent will be responsible for planning and managing events of varying sizes and purposes, keeping everything within the allocated budget, and ensuring that the event is carried out smoothly.
Events will include but are not limited to:
- Biz After 5
- Ribbon Cuttings
- Annual Meeting
- Golf Playday
- Monthly Business Training/Seminars
- Tourism Events
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with member vendors and venues
- Creating reliable financial reports and collecting payments on time
- Keeping expenses and timelines under control
- Delegating to a volunteer team appropriately, ensuring that they are equipped with the tools necessary to complete assigned tasks
- Planning for possible scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events
- Coordinating with Grow Clinton Convention, Visitors, Promotion & Events Committee
- Drive the Grow Clinton’s mission by always representing our vision in every event
- Create and maintain a successful brand and image that attracts customers to the product or service
- Review current non-profit marketing trends and advertisements to determine the effectiveness of different styles and strategies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Leadership and strong people skills
- Collaborative skills to accept and incorporate ideas into strategies
- Experience working in graphic design, sales, marketing, and communications
- Demonstrated current knowledge of event planning and execution
- Knowledge of internet marketing campaigns, including SEO
- Analytical, organizational, and planning skills with an ability to prioritize, and complete multiple projects under stringent deadlines, and respond to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, written, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with member investors at all levels of the organization
- Salary commensurate with experience, skills, education, and training
- Paid time off and bonus opportunities are available
- Insurance and benefits in addition to salary
Confidentiality and Equality Statement
We fully respect the need for confidentiality of the information supplied by interested parties. We assure them that their background and interest will not be discussed with anyone without prior consent, nor will reference contacts be made until mutual interest has been established. Greater Clinton Partners for Growth firmly represents the principles and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, sex, creed, disability, or national origin.
Interested individuals can submit a resume and cover letter to:
Andy Sokolovich, President & CEO, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Andy at 563.242.5702.