United Way of Clinton County, Iowa Executive Director Search
Due to the upcoming retirement of our current Executive Director, Clinton County United Way is beginning the search for our next Executive Director. The job description below outlines the qualifications, duties, and expectations of the position.
If you are feeling called to apply, please email or mail a current resume and cover letter to:
Clausen Companies at PO Box 67, Clinton, Iowa 52732
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the United Way of Clinton County, Iowa. This position oversees the administration, programs, and strategic plans of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The Executive Director is a salaried exempt position, reporting to the Executive Committee.
Board Governance: Work with the board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
Organizational Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
Organizational Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
Actual Job Responsibilities
- Report and work closely with the Executive Board to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise, collaborate with organizational staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of the annual budget.
- Serve as primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the Clinton County United Way Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communication efforts.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day to day operations.
- Review and approve contracts for services
- Other duties as assigned by the Board.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Non-Profit Organizations, Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, Finance, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5 years of senior non-profit management experience
- Experience in fundraising
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills
- Public speaking ability
- Strong computer skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Financial management skills
Visual acuity, manual dexterity, hearing, driving, standing, walking, sitting, stooping, bending, lifting, and carrying. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- A flexible work schedule will be required to maintain effective operations of the organization.
- Frequent use of personal vehicle (insurance required)
- Adherence to all United Way policies and procedures
Clinton County United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Executive Director complies with all policies developed by the Executive Board.
Resumes will be accepted until November 20th, 2020.