HERO BX – Clinton, IA Seeks Operations Technician
Erie Management Group, LLC – Clinton, IA 52732
HERO BX is a leading Eco-friendly technology company with a spotless record of quality and is one of the largest producers of biodiesel in the Northeastern United States. We serve the country’s largest and most diverse energy companies with innovative, sustainable fuel technology that is paving the way for future generations!
Hours and Compensation: Full time, alternating three 12 hour shifts a week and four 12 hour shifts a week between Sunday- Saturday -> shifts 7 am – 7 pm and 7 pm – 7 am, rotating monthly. Weekends and Overtime required. Competitive pay based on experience.
Benefits: Competitive Benefits Package-401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Holidays, PTO.
Summary: Produce quality Biodiesel from various feedstock within required product specifications while maintaining a safe and positive working environment
• Move control settings to make necessary adjustments on equipment units affecting speeds of chemical reactions, quality, and yields.
• Monitor recording instruments, flowmeters, panel lights, and other indicators, and listen for warning signals, in order to verify conformity of process conditions.
• Control or operate chemical processes or systems of machines, using panelboards, control boards, or semi-automatic equipment
• Record operating data such as process conditions, test results, and instrument readings.
• Confer with technical and supervisory personnel to report or resolve conditions affecting safety, efficiency, and product quality.
• Draw samples of products, and conduct quality control tests in order to monitor processing, and to ensure that standards are met
• Regulate or shut down equipment during emergency situations, as directed by supervisory personnel.
• Patrol work areas to ensure proper plant operation.
• Inspect operating units such as cooling tower, storage tanks, vessels, and heat exchangers to ensure that all are functioning, and to maintain maximum efficiency.
• Turn valves to regulate flow of products or byproducts through pipes, tanks, and vessels.
• Calculate material requirements or yields according to formulas.
• Perform simple preventive maintenance on equipment
• Will be required to access tanks, vessels, and equipment for maintenance and sampling purposes.
• Education – High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
• Experience – No prior experience necessary
**Note: Erie Management Group, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Erie Management Group, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement1 promotion, termination, layoff, recal11 transfer, leaves of absence1 compensation and training.