Do you like the fast pace of the city? Or are you a country lover, yearning for green space and a porch swing? Maybe you’d like the best of both worlds? That’s what’s great about living in our region.
With some of the best education you’ll find anywhere in the country from pre-school through college, a vibrant arts scene and an incredibly reasonable cost of living, our region is the perfect place to live!
Why choose the Greater Clinton Region?
- Strategic location — Easy access to Chicago and other Midwest Markets.
- Strong multi-modal transportation infrastructure — Combination of Highway (Highways 30 and 67 intersect at the center of our region), Rail (UP mainline, BNSF, and IC&E), and barge (Mississippi River).
- Strategic advantages to foster an energy-intensive industry that processes agricultural products to alternative fuels or value-added oils.
- Infrastructure and resources that bring efficiencies into myriad value-added agriculture production capabilities.
- Over a dozen brand name/Fortune 500 companies; many continually investing in their Regional subsidiaries.Availability of skilled, experienced, productive and cost-effective workforce. Exceptional workforce development and training resources.
- Excellent telecommunications capabilities.
- Bi-State Region with new and expanding businesses.
- Access to higher education institutions such as Ashford University providing both undergraduate and advanced degrees and Eastern Iowa Community College District.
- Pro-business communities with leadership supportive of economic development. Pro-active public/private partnerships.
- Access to aggressive local, regional and state business assistance programs.
- Great quality of life centered on the Mississippi River
- Professional Economic Development Organization serving as the one-stop-shop.